Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kandep chaotic

There is no time to point fingers....Act now!!

 
Fighting has started since the declaration of the election results which was on July 13, 2012 and or even before that when counting was going on at Wabag. What is very interesting is that, the so called Leaders have turned a blind eye on what was happening at home. Several attempts was made in writing to our daily papers to bring this to the public but this did not get published for some reason known to themselves, probably because of the fact that there was no publicity of no concrete evidence to substantiate.
 
Since then, total lives lost to date is more than 50 excluding those that have lost a leg or a arm and spear wounds.  The most interesting scenario is how the poor people at home have managed to get these high powered weapons given their background where Kandep has no cash crops to generate their income and pigs, the only source of income takes couple of years to grow up and mature.
 
The Eastern part of Mariant constituency is now all war zones with innocent families displaced from their homes and living in the bushes for cover but always in fear of attack every minute of their lives. the total number of villages completely destroyed accounts at 12 so far and might continue if nothing is done.
 
It is believed that everyone has played a part to be in this situation, the people themselves had they not started the fight, the leaders had they intervened early, the election official including the electoral commission had they heard the people's cry to remove the RO at the first place because of his record in the conduct of previous elections.
 
Now the damage has already been done so the best thing to do now is to find a solution to the problem rather than pointing fingers at each other in an aim to find the root cause. A better solution is required now or more lives will be lost. The rate at which lives are lost is alarming with more than 2 per day.
 
***********************************************************************
 
Source: The National, Friday 31st August 2012
By ELIAS LARI
MORE than 30 police personnel from Wabag have been deployed to Kandep, Enga, to prevent further killings and destruction caused to properties by supporters of election candidates.
The fights in Kandep were among the supporters who attacked each other straight after the declaration of Don Polye, according to provincial police commander Supt Martin Lakari.
Lakari said yesterday the policemen were deployed into the affected
area last week to protect lives and property.
“This fight between supporters has been going on since the declaration (of the winner of the electorate), but I cannot give the exact figure of those who have died and property damaged, including domestic animals which were killed.
“I need to receive a full report on the matter and decide on what is the next step to take to completely stop the fight.”
Lakari said police officers deployed a week ago were carrying out awareness and educating the people to lay
Lakari said peace negotiations were progressing well and hoped to see a change happen soon.
“Apart from property, food crops are also affected and I do not know what people are eating to survive.
“I condemn this fight as there are no good reasons for people to take on each other,” he said.
“Tribal fights do not bring anything good.
“I don’t know why they are taking this as a game to attack each other.”
He said the only way to live a peaceful life was to do away with tribal fights.
“No one can claim that his tribe or clan has
won.
“Both sides will suffer destruction and loss of lives,” Lakari said

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this Post

Recent Comments

There was an error in this gadget

Kandep MP_Polye's News Headlines

PNG Live News Headlines