Friday, November 18, 2011

Unanswered phone call ends daughter’s life

Source: The National, Friday 18th November 2011

A 14-year-old school girl was beaten to death by her father last week after she failed to answer his phone call after school.
A police report said the school girl from St Michael’s Primary School arrived home after 9pm, which enraged her father, who took out a power cord and allegedly whipped her with it.
National Capital District metropolitan commander Supt Joseph Tondop said the 36-year-old father from Hanuabada village was in police custody.
He said although the man had been concerned about his daughter when she did not return home early from school and tried to discipline her, he had no reason to kill her.
Tondop said medical examinations revealed “excessive force” had been used, resulting in her death.
Tondop said police detained the man over the weekend while investigations continued.
Tondop said in another incident, a Southern Highlands youth was killed by a mob that attacked him.
He said a 19-year-old suspect from Ialibu had been detained for
leading the mob that killed the youth from Kagua.
Tondop said a security guard manning a building in downtown Port Moresby was questioned by police after trying to steal electrical appliances worth more than K4,000 inside the property.
Tondop said the 19-year-old security guard from Kompiam, Enga, had been guarding the seventh floor of the building.
He said when the suspect learned he was being monitored by CCTV; he damaged the camera as well.
And, a former member of parliament has lost more than K40,000 worth of property including his personal car when thugs torched his vehicle last week.
Tondop said the former leader from the highlands was at the front of the Parliament House after 5pm when five unknown suspects held him up and took his car, a Toyota Camry.
The thugs took the vehicle to 8-Mile, near the power station, and torched the vehicle.
Meanwhile, a nine-year-old boy was sexually molested in the bushes of ATS, near the Jackson International Airport last week.
The Grade 1 pupil from Eki Vaki Elementary School was lured towards the bushes with a K10 note by a man from Gulf and abused.
When the victim refused, the suspect assaulted the victim, who then, fearing his life, did as he was told.
Tondop reiterated his call for parents to be vigilant about the whereabouts of their children

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this Post

Recent Comments

Kandep MP_Polye's News Headlines

PNG Live News Headlines