FORENSIC experts who left Madang last weekend have said not all of the remaining 27 victims of the fatal air crash of Oct 13 will be identified.
This was the revelation received yesterday from Modilon General Hospital director of medical services Dr Billy Selve.
He said the ante-mortem and post-mortem works already undertaken with added personal information from relatives were collated but difficulties in obtaining dental and other medical records would make positive identification difficult.
A morgue attendant, Boston Jack, who assisted the Australian team, said poor dental and medical filing records of most public hospitals throughout the country made all efforts of piecing together vital information during the post-mortem hard.
Selve said the experts found it difficult in piecing missing limbs or teeth to skulls without the primary identification which included the dental records, DNA or fingerprints and medical history papers.
“These are inconclusive results. None that I spoke to had anything obvious as to what belonged to whom.
“We have very bad dental records in the country in terms of who had an extraction or filling done and at what hospital. Calling them for verification is another headache when all you end up with is a medical card that says they came in with only flu or fever,” he said.
Another difficulty had been the financial burden on relatives paying their own way into Madang from other centres.